Beaver mill

Anyone know what PAL stands for in the Beaver Pal model?Did they build these PAL models themselves or was it a rebadged import? Mark

Reply to
mark

No idea unless they copied the dog food people. However Tony Griffiths on Lathes.co.uk does seem to suggest that the design of the PAL was similar enough to the rest of the Beavers for the design elements to be the same - negating the "import" theory perhaps. He could ,of course, be wrong.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

We have an old 'paper tape' Beaver mill that has been retro-fitted with newer CNC control by Pennnine Automation Ltd (PAL). It may be that Pennine and Beaver had some sort of partnership. PAL are still in business (unlike Beaver) and still do a good job.

Reply to
Alistair Ross

I don`t think Pennine were going at that time and I`m sure there was never a relationship between them.Pennine are not very highly regarded as retrofitters not amongst all the cnc service guys I know anyway.

Reply to
mark

Reply to
Alistair Ross