Belt drive question

Ah, thanks. Would you be willing to help me buy the belt, my German isn't up to it?

-- Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Peter did you get my mails?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Ah, yes, and thanks. Is that a C6?

Will reply (also jb) in more detail when sobererererer :)

-- Peter

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Had a bad thing happen yesterday - my 3-jaw, which normally is good to within 0.01 mm TIR, suddenly went awol to 0.05 mm+. Which is why I didn't check my email, too busy.

Investigation showed that the problem was in the concentricity with which the 55mm spindle register - the register itself is okay, within

0.002 mm, and the 4-jaw and ER32 chucks still fit tightly - meets the chuck, and somehow the hole in the chuck had become too big. No idea how that happened?

Took 2 mm off the back of the chuck, which reduced the TIR to 0.028mm, but that's still not good enough. Need a putter-on-er?

Managed to shuffle the chuck enough to accurately drill and ream a 12- spoke drive sprocke, to replace the 19- spoke socket which came with my minilathe, giving 54% more low speed torque which I need - plan also to replace the 300W motor with a 620 W motor too, to give more than 3 times the low-speed torque - but still left the chuck problem unsolved. Though I do have an idea, but can't do it till next month..

Oh, and today I watched the repairmen eventually replace my kitchen window, and finally sorted out the last issues about licensing my LOX/paraffin rocket motor - so it was quite a good day overall :)

-- Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Sorry Peter, missed your reply/question. Reckon it must be sorted by now. Best regards, Dirk

Reply to
PG1D/PA-11Ø12