Black Bostick

I have a couple of "rubber" strips loose on the car and 50 odd years ago would have used a tube of black bostick to stick them back. I cannot see
such a product today. What can anyone recommend?
Richard
On 20/03/2014 08:52, Richard Edwards wrote:

Isn't that the glue that was sold to stick replacement soles on well worn shoes?
--
Adrian C

A 2 part rubber adhesive such as Bostik 2402, as used for rubber boats and wetsuits, would provide a waterproof permanent bond.
Cliff Coggin.
--
"Richard Edwards" < snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...
Hi You could try e-bay if you use it, plenty of black windsreen sealant if that is any good for what you need. David
On 20/03/2014 08:52, Richard Edwards wrote:

On Thursday, March 20, 2014 8:52:14 AM UTC, Richard Edwards wrote:

It is possible to get Black Silicone Sealant/Adhesive which might suit. Screwfix have half a dozen different types in their catalogue
Don
On 20/03/2014 08:52, Richard Edwards wrote:

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I finally used "Evostick Serious Glue". It supposedly sticks to rubber and glass. The windscreen sealant was considered but it seemed a waste to get a tube considering the very small amount needed for my job. Silicones were dismissed as I have never had any success getting them to stick to modern car "rubbers". The "Serious Glue" appears to have worked well and I intend trying it on the Ducato rubber at the bottom of the windscreen. This lifts up at the corners and fills with muck.
Again thanks for the response.
Richard