Roboscout - Any info?

I just picked up one of these at a flea market. Paid $120. I couldn't resist. Unsure if it worked, it still looked so darn cute. I brought
it home, and it worked just fine. Bot and remote worked great. Anyone know where I could find some online instructions?
It appears to be pretty straight forward, but just wondered if there was any thing else to know that I can't figure out by messing around with the controller?
Anyone else have one of these? Thanks.
Proud New Owner of "Egg Head Fred".
Mike :)
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Did you try to Google roboscout? There seems to be a few personal web sites about it as well as a yahoo discussion group.
I had never heard of these things until your post but it looks like fun. Do you know how long they have been around?
--
Curt Welch http://CurtWelch.Com /
Hi Mike,
snipped-for-privacy@olf.com wrote:

Ram,
If you're outside the U.S., your best local bet might be an alarm supply company. Scout uses a big square 12 volt gel cell, similiar to those used to back up security systems in case of power failure.
HTH, Regards, --Electro-- aka The Other David www.dprg.org
L'ectro wrote:

Nah, I am in the US. Do you know of any suppliers?
Thanks,
Ram
You can find a Roboscout Autopsy here: http://hero2000robots.com/19301.html
Kevin did a nice job with all the pictures! I have partially taken mine apart (er several...) and it is not much fun. If you look in the yahoo group there are several places to get batteries. As for the remote, you are best to make your own out of 8 rechargeable AA.
john www.rbrobotics.com