Roboscout - Any info?

I just picked up one of these at a flea market. Paid $120. I couldn't resist. Unsure if it worked, it still looked so darn cute. I brought it home, and it worked just fine. Bot and remote worked great. Anyone know where I could find some online instructions?

It appears to be pretty straight forward, but just wondered if there was any thing else to know that I can't figure out by messing around with the controller?

Anyone else have one of these? Thanks.

Proud New Owner of "Egg Head Fred".

Mike :)

Reply to
tandmkennedy

Did you try to Google roboscout? There seems to be a few personal web sites about it as well as a yahoo discussion group.

I had never heard of these things until your post but it looks like fun. Do you know how long they have been around?

Reply to
Curt Welch

Hi Mike,

I'm fond of my little guy.

I paid about that for him from Sharper Image's ebay store a couple of years ago. I was lucky to get one with no problems.

I definitely recommend the yahoogroup. Not much traffic, but a good resource.

The manual's more like a leaflet; not much detail. Pretty self-intuitive.

I love the name you chose; it's been two years, and i have yet to come up with a good one. I'm thinking of holding a naming contest within the DPRG.

If you take yours apart for whatever reason, *document it!* You will be glad when you have to put Fred back together again.

Regards,

--Electro-- aka The Other David

L'ectro

David,

Where do you get a replacement battery for the robot (not the remote control). I fear my bot's battery is dead :-(

Thanks,

Ram

Reply to
rmeenaks

You can find a Roboscout Autopsy here:

Kevin did a nice job with all the pictures! I have partially taken mine apart (er several...) and it is not much fun. If you look in the yahoo group there are several places to get batteries. As for the remote, you are best to make your own out of 8 rechargeable AA.

john

L'ectro wrote:

Reply to
Hotwing

Ram,

If you're outside the U.S., your best local bet might be an alarm supply company. Scout uses a big square 12 volt gel cell, similiar to those used to back up security systems in case of power failure.

HTH, Regards,

--Electro-- aka The Other David

L'ectro

Nah, I am in the US. Do you know of any suppliers?

Thanks,

Ram

Reply to
rmeenaks