Blowlamp threads

I need to make some jets for paraffin blowlamps. I can screw cut the threads but am totally baffled by what system they use, despite several hours going through various Machinerys Handbooks. The two in front of me now are max 0.320" by 28 tpi and max 0.176 by 48 (ish) tpi. I thought the former was Brass but its definitely 28 tpi. Can anyone shed any light on this puzzle please?

thanks

Reply to
Roland Craven

Is the larger one 1/8 BSP by any chance? There is no real reason why they should stick to a standard thread. Don't forget some blowlamps and primus type stoves have foreign roots so maybe metric threads standard or otherwise could have been used.

48tpi is not too far from 0.5mm pitch (50.8 tpi) Not that unusual to find BSP threads used in Europe either esp. Scandinavia.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

The 28tpi one is to small to be 1/8" bsp. Here`s some thread charts which are useful to bookmark. Mark.

Reply to
mark

Possibly they followed carburettor jet standards and used metric threads?

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

I did say that I had spent some hours looking through Machinerys ancient and modern. Since when has 28 tpi been any metric thread ?-- Roland Craven Nr. Exeter, Devon, UK snipped-for-privacy@petternut.co.uk

Roland Craven

I thinks that because the ISO standard pipe threads are based on BSP see

David Billington

Forgot the b***** link.

mark

Thanks Mark I had checked all those except the extended Metric which it isn't either.

still baffled Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven