bottom drops out of scrap market

Hi All

I took about 300kg of what is locally referred to as light iron in this morning - covers just about anything that has meetal on it - office chairs, printers, keyboards, filing cabinets, cars etc. The load I took in was the stuff that is left over having stripped all the easily accessable non ferrous material and as such is little more than rubbish to me.

I didn't expect to get much for it a couple of quid for the diesel was all I hoped for. There was a notice up in the office window informing customers that ferrous scrap would no longer be paid for - ie they will take it but won't be paying for it.

Non ferrous prices this morning (they were still using Friday afternoons prices - hadn't received the Monday morning list)

Copper 1250 Brass 480 Ali 100 S/S 300 Lead 200

They reckoned that every load leaving the yard to go to their recycling facility was still losing them money.

I suspect that things are going to get worse. Get ready to see the reappearance of dead cars in laybys etc :o(

Dudley

Dudley Sim> Morning All

Reply to
Dudley Simons

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Dave Baker" saying something like:

Perhaps you should put a notice on it saying the door is unlocked.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon