Bridgeport

I`ve bought an Interact.Don`t all laugh at once.Yes I know what I think of Bridgeports but I needed another machine for second opping and it was cheap and only 130 miles away in Newcastle so a quick trip down and back with the pickup,five minutes with the Fairy and it`s in position.It`s got a Heidenhain 150 original control complete with the normal "gross positioning error" message.I`m not bothered about the error message,it`s usually an easy fix.My problem is the Bristol Ericson (sp) quick change nut on the end of the spindle.All the screws except one and it`s sheared that locate the locking ring inside the nut are missing.Are they ordinary screws or have they got special ends?I`m assuming they`re quite tough.Are they available anywhere,does Bristol Ericsson still exist?Has anyone a spec/sketch of them? Mark

Reply to
mark

I'll pull one tomorrow Mark and post the info. Have you got the 150 manual off the web ?

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Thanks John.I`ve had a 150 for years on a Beaver VC5 and got the manuals then.Got another set with this machine. Was the brown grinding wheel what you were looking for?

regards,Mark

mark

The locking ring on my Boss BP was broken, Terry Braithwaite sold me a good secondhand nut

Tim

Tim Leech