Bridgport J Head Belt Wanted

Drive belt finally given up, slipping badly now.

Called Bridgeport in Leicester they quoted £8.25 for the belt. Cost including handling delivery will be £25 plus VAT. When asked for details of their distributors they said this belt is not available anywhere else.

I posted this here a month or so back, cannot find the original post and replies, was sure that someone gave me details of where to get one.

All I have found is that part number is J258 Gilmer 4LS345

Anyone know of Bridgeport dealers? There are two companies that do rebuilds cannot find details where they are located.

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel

The only dealers in parts that I know of apart from Bridgeport themselves are in the US.

However this is the original thread:

My link belt is still working fine......

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

The co that regularly shows refurbed Bridgies at the ME shows is:

Braithwaite Rebuild

1 New Pasture Bridlington YO16 5NT 01262 606691 (Tel/Fax)

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

That's the one, they do complete rebuilds for 5K. Will give them a call to see if they can supply just a a belt.

There is another one somewhere.

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel

Charles does the link belt slip at all? Do a lot of brass at 4200rpm with small 1.6mm cutters, any belt slip and the load per tooth increases and the cutters breaks. It was the worry about belt slip that made me consider the correct belt rather than trying the link belt, last time.

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel

It hasn't slipped but I haven't used 4200rpm and a 1.6mm cutter on brass though.... Nearer to 2500 rpm and 1/4 inch cutter in Ali

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Called Braithwate this morning. They told me the belt was a A32. Bought the belt for £3.50 locally just up the road from me.

Belt details A843 Ld/13 x 813 A 32

Braithwate were very helpful, when I asked Bridgeport stores for the belt number they said the didn't know.

Took about an hour to remove old belt, take it up the road for a new one, return and put the new belt on.

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel