Brunel's Railway bridge, River Wye, Chepstow

I'm considering a model of this for the garden railway, across
the fish pond (Subject to the approval of The Estate manager)
but despite googling, can only find one photo, taken from the South
West river bank.
Has anybody any engineering info for this, drawings, photos from
other angles, etc?
It was a suspension bridge, but instead of the chains passing
over the towers towards ground anchorages, it used a wrought
iron tube to push the towers apart against the inward tension
of the chains (and in that respect I suppose, similar to the arches
on the Royal Albert Bridge)
PS. Apologies for a topic that is relevant to the group's name.
Reply to
Alun
Alun
Two here ?
Mike
Reply to
Mike Whittome
Thanks. I'd already found those as the result of continuing search, but they match the style of available photograps, ie, taken from the side.
What I'd particular like is a driver's (or holidaymaker's out of the carriage window) view of the approach to the bridge for details of the towers.
Thanks, anyway.
Reply to
Alun
Search youtube for old films showing journeys on trains
if i can find something as obscure as this local one ...Prestatyn to Dyserth branch line video .. you may be able to find one of Chepstow of train going over the bridge
All the best.markj
Reply to
mark
Do a search on google images with keywords chepstow history railway .. there's a couple out there ..cheers Gordon
mark wrote:
Reply to
Gordon de la Mare
All you can see is bloody anoraks hanging out the windows....................
Reply to
John S
(might be bigger direct from)
Andy Dingley