Burnerd Griptru

Anyone out there know how to get one of these running right?

Any assitance, copies of manual appreciated

Its a 3 Jaw 4 in version

Thanks

Ron

Reply to
Ron

You may find some guidance her

I have a griptru but ultimately found the 4 jaw chuck quicker, easie to use and better holding ability. I think the griptru is somewhat ove rated (my opinion though)

-- Alan in O

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Alan in Oz's Profile:

this thread:

Alan in Oz

But not mine.

Slack off the axial screws that hold the front of the chuck onto the back, and screw them back in again until they just nip, without tightening.

Slack off the tangential adjusting screws.

Grip the workpiece

Apply a clock to the workpiece.

Bring the low side towards you by screwing in the nearest adjuster.

Continue with this until running true.

Tighten the retaining screws.

Bob's your uncle.

You should be able to get within 1/2 thou (or 0.01mm). You may have to slacken an adjuster again at some point; do not tighten them so they are fighting one another. You are supposed to be able to leave the retaining screws gently tightened, but I don't.

You should get a pretty accurate repeat on the same diameter, especially if you use the same pinion to tighten the chuck each time. Don't expect the same accuracy at different diameters.

Reply to
Charles Lamont

The difficult bit is the last thou or so because small changes on one adjuster upsets the optimum setting of the other two.

Once you are nearly there, carefully slacken all adjusters so that they are all in their central dead band. Then GENTLY tap the chuck into final position with lump of lead before final tightening of the retainer screws. This is much easier than fiddling with the adjusters.

Jim

pentagrid