Buying new gears for Fellowes shredder

The nylon gear on my Fellowes crosscut shredder has lost a couple of teeth so I'm down to the tinfoil hat when it comes to protecting my identity!! They don't stock spares but is there any supplier who might? Don't have the exact measurements as haven't fully dismantled it yet, but it's roughly 50mm across with about 25 teeth (before they broke!!)...

Reply to
Robin

OK, some more info. Have counted the teeth and I guessed right - 25 teeth. I guess that would make it a Module 2 spur gear with 25 teeth. It sits on a hex shaft ~12mm across (difficult to measure at the moment)

Reply to
Robin

HPC gears comes to mind.

- usual disclamier, however Ive never actually bought anything from them.

I probably have one in my selection of junk, Ive been salvaging parts from printers and photocopiers, mostly the nice straight shafts, but also the gears and steppers, but Im going away so wont be able to look until sunday. What width is it?

Dave

Reply to
david.sanderson

If the diameter is 54mm, it is Module 2.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

It is 54mm diameter - just measured it... Will have a look at HPC gears...

Reply to
Robin

I've bought stuff from them several times. They are a good company to deal with.

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Sorry, no gears even close in my pile. To 'course' for printers i guess.

Dave

Reply to
david.sanderson