Gears

I need to model some gears in solidworks 2007

Can anyone point me to some howtos/help texts?

Thanks

Reply to
Gang Greene

There is a gear model in my models stash.

Reply to
herrtick

Take a look at MITCalc - it has several modules, including one for designing gear sets. It's also very reasonably priced.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

You might want to search the news group. This has been covered before. If you ask the question on snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com someone can post an example.

TOP

Reply to
manager

Thanks I'll have a look at it

Reply to
Gang Greene

Ok,

I did some more searching on google and found a Engineering Drawing standard PDF that showed how to draw a gear by hand so I am going to try that as well. I will probably screw that up....But I will have some fun at doing that.

Reply to
Gang Greene

The gear model in my model stash emulates the hand-drawing method for involutes. That method is basically unwinding a string from a spool and tracing the string's endpoint.

Reply to
That70sTick

You can also try and have a hands on GearTrax.

GearTrax=99 provides the designer with an easy to use tool for creating solid models of drive components. Create spur, helical, straight bevel and involute splines with true involute tooth profiles.

GearTrax=99 is

  • Intuitively easy to use for the designer with limited gear experience. * Powerful enough for the gear expert. * Animation window shows the spur/helical gear mesh which updates as the data is changed.

GearTrax is an add-in for SolidWorks, Solid Edge and AutoDesk Inventor.

You can get a 10 days trail version of the same. Find more about GearTrax on

Deepak Gupta SW2007 SP5.0 SW2008 SP4.0

Engineer

For illustration purposes or for generating cam files to make gears? I have one for bevel gears and one for spur gears, for illustration purposes. It uses a design table to set up the gear specs.

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

I found an older Engineering text in pdf format and I was able to get the information that I needed.

This was for illustration/reference only

Thanks

Reply to
Gang Greene