Carbon fibre rod supplier

I'm trying to find a UK supplier of 2mm diameter carbon fibre rod plus other sizes and tubeing. Anybody help me please.
Many thanks, Nigel

Not UK, but shipping worldwide:
http://www.flugmodellbau.de
Feel free to ask me anything, I'm working there part-time... ;-)
Michael.

Thank you Michael but mein deutch ist nicht sur gute !
Nigel

That's not a Problem, my Boss speaks a reasonambly better english than mine... ;-)
But You got plenty of UK sources, one may think...
Michael.
Looks like you might get some here...
http://www.fibretechgb.co.uk/DefaultHome.htm
Alla
-- Allan Waterfal ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Allan Waterfall's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?uR67 View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?tB571
I have bought 2mm diameter (and other sizes) of carbon fibre rod from the 'Bristol Kite Centre' telephone, 01177 974 5010
I do not have their postal address to hand (Google does not show a kite shop with that exact name) so I dont know if they have a website.
I've always has good service from them.
Ian

Telephone number is 0117 974 5010

Ian,

If it's the one on Cotham Hill then their web site is
http://www.kitestore.co.uk /
Jim.

Yes, that is the one. The website does not seems to show completed kites only but I am sure they still sell the raw materials.
Ian (just a satisfied customer)

Dunstable Kites have a downloadable catalogue of parallel Carbon and GRP rod and tubing and prices on their website.
www.dunstable-kites.co.uk/CatalogueBrowserspages/carbongrp/carbon1.html or www.dunstable-kites.co.uk/ and select the spare parts icon at the top of the page.
Length is limited to 1 metre and 1.5 metres, possibly due to postal restrictions, but courier services will transport longer lengths or thin rod can be coiled with little detrament or 'memory'. Tubing is more rigid and can't be coiled.
2mm carbon rod is 1.50 per metre + postage. The smallest Carbon tube they list is 3.2mm which may be 2mm bore (ask, and check prices as they fluctuate) Sizes go to 8mm rod and 12mm tube in carbon. Beware of some sites selling cheap tapered 'fishing rod/pole' spiral wrapped blanks if your requirement is for parallel rod and tubing.
The site doesn't have a shopping trolley. Order by email and pay by post per home page instructions.
There are other kitemaking supplies retailers in the UK which will supply tube and rod in grp, carbon and kevlar in longer lengths to 3 metres, but you may need to collect or order a minimum amount. A local kite flying club may be willing to help from their offcuts box if you only need a small amount
HTH
Nige wrote:

If you want small quantities & don't mind 1m lengths, most aero model shops stock rod & tube in this sort of size.
HTH Guy
Carbon tube of 6mm up to 14mm diameter and up to 2.5 metres long can be obtained from model yachting suppliers. www.sailsetc.com in Essex www.housemartinsails.co.uk in the Wirral www.cmyachts.co.uk near Bedford are some with web sites.
All are friends but I'm not on commission!
Henry
--
Remove the 'bait' from the 'trap' to catch the Dragon
Leave the trap.