Hi scratch resistant finish for carbon fibre

Hi This question doesn't strictly belong within the confines of this group but I'm hoping that someone here may be able to help. I'm
rebuilding a carbon fibre fishing rod, and I've got to the stage of appling a finish. I've tried the tradional rod varnishes but they seem very prone to scratching- especially if they touch a wall or whatever. Could anyone suggest a high impact reisistant finsh that would protect such a surface. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
dwdw1 wrote:

Leave it alone. (honestly)
It will be very hard to get any paint to stick well, and the flex of the rod will generally *pop* the paint off over time. (I own quite a few Shakespeare CF rod's)
If ya just have to paint it, look for a *flexible* type of paint. Something like a vinyl, or *rubberized* finish. If ya happen to find something else, do let us (me) know.
AM