CNC Conversion Project question 2

The Y Axis travel of my mill is a mere 157mm and so the ballscrew will be around 220mm long. It will be relatively difficult to mount a rear
bearing for the ballscrew (the current Acme screw does not have a rear mount) I will fit a pair of angular contact bearings at the handwheel end of the ballscrew but propose to leave the far end free and only supported by the ballnut itself
Does the team think there will be any sort of problem if I do this?
TIA
Bob
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 13, 4:56 pm, Bob Minchin

No, sounds OK to me but do drill the ball screw and fit a washer large enough so the nut can't come off the end - don't ask <g>
John S.
Add pictures here
✖
John S wrote: