CNC Engraver/router project anyone?

Due to the good graces of Leigh at MarMachine, I rescued a Strippit FlexiDrill unit yesterday. Its a X-Y coordinate table with acme lead screws in both axis and micrometer adjustments in both directions.

It should retrofit easily with servos or steppers, is in good shape and should make a decent base unit for CNC router or engraver.

Anyone want it? I snagged it simply to keep it for someone interested in doing a CNC project.

A $100 bill sent to another poster here, gets the unit, and I can probably deliver it to So. Cal

Its a nice unit, on the factory steel table with 2 deep drawers and lots of internal room that could be used to house the computer and whatnot. The actual work surface is about 24" x 24" so is a good size and the running gear is well made cast iron. It originally was used to spot drill holes when making up a template for Strippit punches, and has a small drill motor on it, but I think Id pull the drill and install a die grinder or Dremel etc for the higher RPMs.

Speak up now before I have to pull it off the trailer, so I can get my welder off. I dont want to handle it multiple times.

Gunner

Gunner

Gunner, I sent you an email...

Louis