Contraction Rules

Can anyone suggest where I might get a 3 ft contraction rule with imperial measurements? Everywhere seems metric nowadays.

Reply to
briano

Further, I think most casting designs are spit out by CAD with the shrinkage already done, so the (modern) patternmaker doesn't need a contraction rule at all.

A contraction rule allows a pattern to be made when working off the drawings for the finished casting, back in the days when making a second set of drawings for the patternmaker would have been... laborious.

BugBear

Reply to
bugbear