CVA 1A Lathe Oils and Capacities

Does anyone know how much oil the various gearboxes on the CVA 1A hold please? There's the Headstock, the motor gearbox and the thread/fine feed gearbox and I'd like to change the existing oil, which has probably been there since Pontius was in flying training.

Secondly, does anyone know what the modern equivalents to Gargoyle DTE Medium and Heavy are please. I've RTFI, which is how I know what the oils are(or were), and tried a Google on CVA, but no luck.

Thanks.

Nigel Parkinson

Reply to
Nigel parkinson

Gargoyle is a Mobil brand these days, DTE is a compressor oil and still available:

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Nigel, Do you have the extra lubrication sheets in the book? There are 5 section BP, Esso, Gulf, Mobil and Shell giving all their grades.

You don't need to know the capacities as there are sight glasses on all the levels.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson