Deltic model

Posted to stationary engine and model engineering newsgroups

Bay Area Engine Modellers Club

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email Address: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web Pages for Engine Preservation:

Peter A Forbes

More details about this tour-de-force!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

In message , Kim Siddorn writes

Blooooooody 'ell

Thanks for the pointer to this site.,

Reply to
Mike Whittome

Bloody Hell!

Cliff.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

In message , Cliff Coggin writes

Bloody Hell indeed :-) I actually saw this model (or one very like it) at the Guildford S.M.E. show earlier this summer and had the opportunity to chat to the owner briefly. I do not recall whether or not it is the same man, but it seems likely - I can't imagine there being two independent creations like that...

It is very impressive in the flesh.

Pete

Reply to
Peter Scales

Apart from the sheer perseverance, flair and expertise required to carry through such a project, I liked the way he'd tackled things - like machining the pipes out of solid and silver soldering the halves together.

Does anyone know of a Napier Sabre or (God save us!) Nomad model?

regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Wow!

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve Rayner

there was a large aircraft engine with banks of cylinders at doningto

last year but i think it was a rolls royce of some sort.i think it ha

24 cylinders arranged in 4 banks of

-- bolma

this thread:

bolmas

sorry, missed the photo. i will try and get more info if it is displaye

again this year

bolmas