Deltic model

Posted to stationary engine and model engineering newsgroups

Bay Area Engine Modellers Club

Peter
--
Peter & Rita Forbes
Email Address:

Peter A Forbes
More details about this tour-de-force!
Regards,
Kim Siddorn
Reply to
Kim Siddorn
In message , Kim Siddorn writes
Blooooooody 'ell
Thanks for the pointer to this site.,
Reply to
Mike Whittome
Bloody Hell!
Cliff.
Reply to
Cliff Coggin
In message , Cliff Coggin writes
Bloody Hell indeed :-) I actually saw this model (or one very like it) at the Guildford S.M.E. show earlier this summer and had the opportunity to chat to the owner briefly. I do not recall whether or not it is the same man, but it seems likely - I can't imagine there being two independent creations like that...
It is very impressive in the flesh.
Pete
Reply to
Peter Scales
Apart from the sheer perseverance, flair and expertise required to carry through such a project, I liked the way he'd tackled things - like machining the pipes out of solid and silver soldering the halves together.
Does anyone know of a Napier Sabre or (God save us!) Nomad model?
regards,
J. Kim Siddorn,
Reply to
Kim Siddorn
Wow!
Steve R.
Reply to
Steve Rayner
there was a large aircraft engine with banks of cylinders at doningto
last year but i think it was a rolls royce of some sort.i think it ha 24 cylinders arranged in 4 banks of
this thread:
bolmas
sorry, missed the photo. i will try and get more info if it is displaye
again this year
bolmas