Dewhurst switch parts

Anyone need any parts for a Dewhurst reversing switch ? I am making one good one out of two duff ones, and will have some spare contact blades, and some spare insulators (though not the square one closest to the handle), and a base and cover. Free to anyone who wants, or will be pleased to swap for a ball handle if anyone has one. Two switches and no balls !

Also I have the original Type A Dewhurst wiring diagram for different types of motors and will scan it and stick it on the web if anyone is interested.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Richardson

Steve,

I am currently re-fitting motors to my 2 Myfords. At the last count, they were both working but I would appreciate a copy of Dewhurst A wiring diagram.

What happened was that I had to strip the Super 7 so that I could lift it, transport it and re-assemble it. I'm a weakly 75+! Sadly, the wiring included 4(four) brown wires and the tapes were oily- and came off. Again, the little paxolin motor connection plate has no identifiers. A bit of a duck's whatsit!

And over the weekend 13 cu feet of stuff in the deep freeze has thawed and is on a Geordie infill. Why, I don't know but the burglar alarm never went off but all the timers to the lights went wrong.

Yes, kind sir, I would appreciate your good offices. Importantly, I have both a ML7 and Super 7 pair of handbooks.= and one for a gear box.I would happily copy these in the same spirit to those interested. In another posting, I have quite a bit of Martin Cleeve stuff available.

My greetings to you all.

Norman

Reply to
ravensworth2674

Ok Norman, will scan it - though its fairly straightforward for normal 4 wire single phase motors, you won't have much trouble. It gets more interesting for some of the rarer motor types.

Sorry to hear about your freezer, I had one of mine go not too long ago. It was a stupid design, they actually put the heat exchanger under the freezer compartment and relied on a fan to duct cooling air across it. Then they put a thermal cut out on the fan. So when the fan got warm it cut out and the heat exchanger got hotter and hotter until the pressure cut-out on the refrigerant went. That is a last line of defence. Needless to say it went to the dump and that manufacturer will never get any of my business again.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Richardson

Norman,

I have put scanned images on a website I was playing with. They are large images as I have scanned at 300dpi so you can see all the detail in the diagrams.

See

and so on to page 4 - BUT before wasting time downloading those you probably only want the switch diagram and the wiring for the single phase motor with capacitor start or startup windings which switch out above a certain speed. I have put those there separately as smaller files.

and
If I can find a half decent web page editor I will try and assemble them into something useful.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Richardson

Steve, My sincerest thanks for putting all this stuff onto the Net. We started the celebrations for a little 80 year old former driver mechanic days ago! It's still going on. I have to phone a former "engine basher" who looked after me when the RAF Museum was an airfield- of secrets.I suppose that St Georges Day will finish it off.

In the meantime, thank you again. For the rest of you, I hope that you ,too,will enjoy a little bit of history and pageant.

Cheers from an already glazed geezer.

Norman

Reply to
ravensworth2674

Hi Steve, have posted thread Blue flash" I have not got the switch off yet but could be intrested in parts if available John

Reply to
john Montgomery