Dremel nut thread question

Hi,
I've stupidly lost the collet chuck from my BeanQueue dremelloid rotary tool and I wondered if Dremels' collet nut kit 4485 <http://tinyurl.com/6kv7dq will fit.
If anyone has a genuine Dremel and can tell mw the thread on the collet nut then I'd be grateful.
Many thanks,
Boo

Well, I know it;s the first sign of madness to reply to your own usenet posts but the answer id that the Dremel tools have a significantly smaller spindle nose thread than the B&Q ones so it's back to the drawing board as far as that goes...
--
Boo

Boo wrote:

I had a similar problem and there's a place in Stockport called Hobbycraft which stocked spares for a different range (minitool?) which were the size I needed. I think you can also get spares for Proxxon which may be a different size again.
What is the thread on your dremelloid.
Russell

The thread is (presumeably) M8 x 0.75mm. It's either that or 5/16 x 34tpi but my thread gauge doesn't have a 34 tpi blade so I can't be certain. The 0.75mm blade is a nice fit and that is a standard metric fine thread so I guess that's what it is.
--
Boo

Boo wrote:

I've just measured the thread on my Proxxon minidrill. It's 7.917mm with a mike on the tops of the thread and the pitch as close as I could measure was 9.75mm over 13 threads (0.75mm).
That sounds like it's the same as your dremelloid.
Chronos sell Proxxon stuff including a collet set that includes a nut. They also sell Minitool stuff. They might do spares.
I bought a Minitool chuck at Hobbycraft that fitted the same thread. Hobbycraft is a chain.
I hope that gives you some leads.
Russell
...snip...

Thanks Russell, that's very helpful.
--
Boo

Just in case anyone's interested I thought I'd mention that I got hold of a 0-3.2mm Keyless Chuck from Maplins (part number N04FX) for ?6.99. Fits both my Performance Power dremeloids and means that when the collets resurface I haven't wasted money on a new set. Also picked up a set of 30 drill bits ranging in size from 0.5mm to 3mm for a tenner (part number ?L46BK).
Happy Christmas,
-- Boo

You do not appear to have got my reply which states that the thread on both my Dremels appears to be 9/32x40tpi. So a dremel chuck is too small anyway if yours is 8mm.dia. Tomol

Hi Tomol,
I don't think your post made it as far as my newsserver, if I'd seen it then it would have saved me a walk to the nearest diy shop where I took my collet nut to compare against Dremel's spindle.
Thanks for taking the trouble to post and repost,
--
Boo