Dremel nut thread question

Hi,

I've stupidly lost the collet chuck from my BeanQueue dremelloid rotary tool and I wondered if Dremels' collet nut kit 4485 will fit. If anyone has a genuine Dremel and can tell mw the thread on the collet nut then I'd be grateful.

Many thanks,

Boo

Reply to
Boo

Well, I know it;s the first sign of madness to reply to your own usenet posts but the answer id that the Dremel tools have a significantly smaller spindle nose thread than the B&Q ones so it's back to the drawing board as far as that goes...

Reply to
Boo

I had a similar problem and there's a place in Stockport called Hobbycraft which stocked spares for a different range (minitool?) which were the size I needed. I think you can also get spares for Proxxon which may be a different size again.

What is the thread on your dremelloid.

Russell

Reply to
Russell

The thread is (presumeably) M8 x 0.75mm. It's either that or 5/16 x 34tpi but my thread gauge doesn't have a 34 tpi blade so I can't be certain. The 0.75mm blade is a nice fit and that is a standard metric fine thread so I guess that's what it is.

Reply to
Boo

I've just measured the thread on my Proxxon minidrill. It's 7.917mm with a mike on the tops of the thread and the pitch as close as I could measure was 9.75mm over 13 threads (0.75mm).

That sounds like it's the same as your dremelloid.

Chronos sell Proxxon stuff including a collet set that includes a nut. They also sell Minitool stuff. They might do spares.

I bought a Minitool chuck at Hobbycraft that fitted the same thread. Hobbycraft is a chain.

I hope that gives you some leads.

Russell

Reply to
Russell

ll fit.

You do not appear to have got my reply which states that the thread on both my Dremels appears to be 9/32x40tpi. So a dremel chuck is too small anyway if yours is 8mm.dia. Tomol

Reply to
tomol

...snip...

Thanks Russell, that's very helpful.

Reply to
Boo

Hi Tomol,

I don't think your post made it as far as my newsserver, if I'd seen it then it would have saved me a walk to the nearest diy shop where I took my collet nut to compare against Dremel's spindle.

Thanks for taking the trouble to post and repost,

Reply to
Boo

Just in case anyone's interested I thought I'd mention that I got hold of= a=20

0-3.2mm Keyless Chuck from Maplins (part number N04FX) for ?6.99. Fits b= oth my=20 Performance Power dremeloids and means that when the collets resurface I = haven't=20 wasted money on a new set. Also picked up a set of 30 drill bits ranging= in=20 size from 0.5mm to 3mm for a tenner (part number ?L46BK).

Happy Christmas,

--=20 Boo

Reply to
Boo