electric motor and gearbox identification

I'm wondering if anyone working in industry has come across a unit like this before and could suggest a use, I'm thinking maybe a conveyor belt drive but that's just a guess.

Here's a piccy:

3hp single phase motor, output shaft turns at about 90rpm.

It's been littering my workshop for too long and it's going to the scrap man unless anyone thinks it's worth a go on e-bay? It runs well.

Cheers Julian.

Reply to
Julian

I have a unit under my bench that looks very similar, but 3ph motor and less than 3hp.

Stick it on Ebay, the motor is useful if taken off the box. I certainly would not scrap it. Alternatively build a concrete mixer or sand muller for casting.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards