Elu router Collet sought

Trying to locate a collet for an ELU KF78 router if anyone can assist. I did
Google it, but no luck.
The router in question is probably quite old and is used in friends workshop
who is not on the internet.
I believe ELU is now DEWALT ?
Bob
Reply to
Emimec
Elu and DeWalt are both certainlky part of Black & Decker, & the Elu name seems to have disappeared. I would try a DeWalt tool dealer. If you're stuck, there's one locally which supplies spares for most makes, I could ask them next time I'm in Widnes.
Tim
Reply to
Tim Leech
Many thanks for the advice. I will do some searching. This collet incidently does not resemble any I have seen so far. To be honest, it looks like a very tiny Morse taper (its not a Morse 1 taper I hasten to add), holds a quarter bit, and is about 2 inches long by about half inch at its widest point, and has an top end relief similar to a Ward style collet. Bob
Reply to
Emimec
Elu was Swiss made, and very much of 'rolls-royce' quality in its day. I still have a MOF96E which is as good now as when it was purchased many,many years ago. I doubt if you will easily find replacements, and if you do they will probably be expensive! With imported models on the market being so cheap (comparitively), you may be better to consider scrapping it and buying 'new' - OK the quality isn't there, and it won't last a lifetime - but if it does the job, what the heck? Mike
Reply to
MikeH_QB
Elu was Swiss made, and very much of 'rolls-royce' quality in its day. I still have a MOF96E which is as good now as when it was purchased many,many years ago. I doubt if you will easily find replacements, and if you do they will probably be expensive! With imported models on the market being so cheap (comparitively), you may be better to consider scrapping it and buying 'new' - OK the quality isn't there, and it won't last a lifetime - but if it does the job, what the heck? Mike
Many thanks Mike, I should have made it more clear that the machine is used in an industrial environment, so the cost of the collet is not such an issue, within reason. I have contacted Dewalt direct, but hold little hope. It probably is going to be a case of making a collet from the pattern supplied (Which is broken). The owner gave the part to me to make, but I don't get the time to be honest, and it would cost £60 upwards without any hardening cost, again, this should not be too much of an issue if it gets a good machine back in action. Might well be a job for someone on the group !!!! Bob
Reply to
Emimec
Have you tried asking these people?
Tim
Reply to
Tim Leech
I'd try Trend at
they make and sell spares for all sorts of routers. I've never put them to the test but at shows thaey claim to be able to supply for just about any make or model.
James
Reply to
JamesC
Certainly worth asking, though I have their 1997 catalogue with a page of router collets, it doesn't list the KF78 and none of the outline sketches correspond with my (confused) mental picture from Bob's description. They do list one for the MKF 167 & 267 which looks a bit like a Ward collet (and is also astonishingly cheap at £2.98, so probably old stock then)
Tim
Reply to
Tim Leech
Thanks for the suggestions. I will photograph the collet concerned. A second look at the collet has revealed little similarity to a ward type collet, it actually looks more like a morse one taper, but its not, if that makes any sense. Age is getting me !!! Bob
Reply to
Emimec