ER type Collet Chucks INFO

I recently sold an ER20 Collet Chuck on EBAY, and the buyer thought the Locking Nut on the chuck was faulty, he thought that it was NOT machined properly on the inside. I had to explain that this was normal, as the eccentric lip inside was to remove the collet after using! How many more do not know this!

----------------------------------------- Message sent by Excite Newsgroups.

machinist

I've noticed on a lot of my ER tooling, a line marked on the nut to tell you which direction to push the collet to release it from the eccentric lip. Handy if you have a collet stuck that will not come out easily.

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel

I did _not_ know (since I don't have any ER collets yet :-). But I can see the reasoning immediately since all the ER collets I have seen have a groove for an ejector.

Regards Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand