Value of Myford Lathe

I Have a Myford ML7 with a stand and various accessories, I have not used this for the last 20 years, having lived abroad. It is in very good condition, any ideas on the worth? Thanks for any replies Roger

Reply to
Roger and Julia Smith

Between £500 - £700 depending on how "good" is "good".

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Alternatively, advertise it on the cheapy website - the man himself is a childish loony if his blathering on this NG is anything to go by, but there seems to be a good trade there.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Browse the private ads on this site;

or look in the ads in Model Engineer or Engineering in Miniature ..... they all will give you some good pointers.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Marshall

Have a look on Chris Heapy's web site, he has a really fine adverts listing service, all free, the previous month's listing are on there for June, and if you ask Chris nicely he'll tell you how to get the previous months and years up as well.

I have most of the months going back to 2001 which are useful to browse back through.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

On the other hand, if it has been used by the Chippenham Idiot- famous for fettling castings, connectors, aerials, ......................... just bin it.

Reply to
Gareth's Memory

You run a website now then? (Excuse my mistake, just you are the only childish looney that posts here.)

Reply to
Gareth's Memory

Try 'ML7' in/on eBay

there I did it for you.

JH

Reply to
Polo Player

Here Here Peter, I cannot speak highly enough of ChrisH's website (and the man himself), having used it both as a buyer and seller (occasionally). Those who can, do. Those who can't..........

Also useful to hang around Ebay and see what machinery fetches. Usually anything with the word "Myford" in it will sell for good money. I bought a box of assorted Myford bits at Rufforth for a Tenner, cleaned them up, and turned them round bit by bit for nearly a ton on Ebay.

Festina Lente

MARK

Reply to
Mark Pinkney