ML7 - Value?

Evening all,

I'm thinking of selling my ML7, it really gets very little if any use these days. I'm struggling a bit with what to ask for it though. The spec is:

ML7, with clutch, on maker's stand, in fair condition (couple of minor dings on the ways at the headstock end) Set of changewheels (complete as far as I know)

2 x 3 jaw chucks (internal and external jaws) 4 jaw chuck Face plate Catch plate Fixed steady 2 position quick change toolpost with 4 holders Light Set of replaceable tip carbide tools Manufacturer's oil gun

Any ideas as to its real value? I'll probably offer it at a 'keen' price to regulars on this, and another, NG I subscribe to before Ebaying it.

Thanks!

Reply to
Nigel Eaton

Ken

If it's any help I've just sold my ML7. It had been stripped, properly repainted, and had all worn parts replaced. On makers stand with Dewhurst switch, and same accessories as yours (but no clutch)plus Myford 4-way post and manual. It was very old (1950), but superb cosmetically, and pretty good mechanically. I got my asking price of £850. From watching the ads prior to selling my machine, asking prices seemed to be in the range £600 to £1000 for ML7s on makers stands, depending on age, condition and tooling. Hope this helps.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Crossfield