Fingery picturebox (and turning result)

Thanks for the feedback. I was very much experimenting with "Distances" by having the focus on the further-back part of the wall rather than the close-by bit, so if you like, only the middle third - by depth - is in focus. Doesn't quite work, but it's... interesting.

Reply to
The Stainless Steel Cat

The message from David Littlewood contains these words:

That'd depend on how far up the lamp-post it is. And how tall the dogs are, of course.

Reply to
Guy King

In message , Carl LHS Williams writes

I like that!

I sometimes still have to unforget that I can take pretty well as many shots as I like with my FPB; I only hit the limit when all my unforgettery cards are full. Even last weekend, when I was strolling round a couple of steam rallies, I was occasionally still looking through the viewfinder at something gently hissing steam, or putt-putt-putting quietly to itself, and gooving "is that really worth a picture?"[30053] instead of pressing the button.

[30053] as if there were still a marginal pbfg for each frame I take, as there was when I hfrq the film cameras (which now rest, with their lenses, unhfrq and probably valueless, in their bag).
Reply to
Andrew Marshall

In those dim & distant days when everything was in black & white, you used to be able to buy 'front and back' screw caps for storing filters. Basically, you screwed all the filters into a pile and protected each end with the 'front & back' caps.

mh

Reply to
max

In message , Carl LHS Williams writes

Taking the extra pictures is only the start. The way to get better pictures is to sit down and look at the pictures and decide which ones are good. When I was shooting 35mm slides I decided that I would never keep more than a third of the slides from any film. So I always chucked out most of the pictures I shot. Then once a year or so I'd go back through all the ones I had kept with the aim of discovering a few more that weren't good enough to be worth keeping.

My advice would be that if you want to get a reputation for being a good photographer, weed out all of the duff shots before you show the pictures to anyone else.

Reply to
Bernard Peek

You can still get them - search for "stack cap" on Ebay.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:GpbOl.55212$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe07.ams:

And you can still get them. A friend at work bought a couple of dozen filters off ebay for not very much and they arrived in a large tube. About

2 of the filters were useful as the rest could either be done digitally after taking or were daft things like starburst filters.
Reply to
Graeme

Yup. There isn't much that a filter can do that can't be digitally processed these days. Including the starburst stuff...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree