Friction (clutch) lining

moray wrote:

Really?
So you say.

No, I've never been on a logging site that needed a 3.5t winch to drop saplings. >

Why would I bother? You're into a kindling operation whereas my involvement was with logging.
Tom

We're all very impressed, Tom.
Regards, Tony
Tony Jeffree wrote:

> Really? I couldn't give a tinker's damn.
Tom

I suppose thats why you bothered to reply then <G>
Regards, Tony

involvement
Oh heck - Tony has been on the psychology course, now we're in for it <G>
AWEM
Tony Jeffree wrote:

> Yet again, it could be that a tinker's damn is worth more than a response to a snide post, or simply that I'm just informing you of the value I place on your post. Is it a pommie thing that only UK posters are permitted sarcasm and non-UK posters are not permitted to respond in kind? I suggest in future, if you consider that certain posters aren't capable of responding to their own posts and need sniping support from the sidelines, you insist that they place a caveat in their posts admitting their frailties.
Tom

Tom That's a brilliant idea that we place caveat's in our posts, [ What's a caveat ? are they made by Vauxhall ? ]
So for the next two months, July and August We need to start all ours posts :-
BEWARE, - INCOMMING CAVEAT [ or Fiesta if you drive a Ford] -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
John Stevenson wrote:

> It take it, an INCOMMING CAVEAT would be made in the old Rootes factory?
Tom

Well that's inflation for you - sounds like the value of tinker's damns has gone through the roof since the last time I couldn't give one. At this rate, they'll be quoted on NASDAQ and none of us will be able to afford one.

......Whatever.
Not at all - sarcasm is freely available to all comers as far as I can tell, and I see that you have had no qualms about using it yourself. Its just that we are generally so much better at it ;-)

On the contrary - I'm sure that posters in here are perfectly capable of giving as good as they get. So if you can't cope with what you consider to be snide comments against your posts without chucking your toys out of the pram, you could always put in your own disclaimer forbidding such crass behaviour - then we could all ignore it & it will be business as usual <G>
Regards, Tony

Tom, Was this for Bryant and May ? -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
John Stevenson wrote:

Bryant & May? Smalltime pommie sawmillers? Hardly.
Tom

involvement
Cocktail sticks I thought <G>
AWEM
Andrew Mawson wrote:

Cocktail sticks? Must be the bane of a laundrymaid's life, causing all those clogs, Andrew?
Tom

No, the wire from under wired bras is the real bane of our life! They get stuck in the 'dump valve' of washing machines jamming them open (a 2" full bore valve that lets the machine empty under gravity), they go through the holes between the inner and outer drums and make a racket, and they stick in the holes in the tumble driers drums and jam. Only one thing worse is disposable gas lighters. If left in a pocket in the driers, they burst, the gas ignites (the heat source is a flame) and the door is blown open. Yes had it happen several times now !
AWEM
On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 15:59:17 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"

Had a daughter's bra wire make a mess of a domestic washing machine. The effort involved in removing the drums is non-trivial.
The first time I washed out some oil rags in a modern domestic machine, it took out the recirculating pump motor. The motor had a shaded pole synchronous motor driving the pump, with a ferrite magnet rotor _in_ the water. Needles to say, it didn't work as well with a nice layer of cast iron dust and black iron oxide stuck in the "air" gap. Since then, when I've been sad enough to wash out oil rags I've given them a pre-wash in the concrete mixer.
Mark Rand RTFM

They
open
they
is
times
The
machine, it

synchronous
Needles to

black iron

to wash

We have a local hand car wash use our facilities regularly for their rags - we insist that they also pay for a second wash of old but clean towels to ensure that the machine is clean for the next customer. We do the same for clients with horse blankets !
AWEM
On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 22:37:54 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:

Picky bastard, Get the car wash people to do their's first, then the horsey set and you only have to do one clean wash so making an extra shekel or two.
Added bonus is that Dobbin gets a nice shiny coat.
Ipso facto - case rests.
. -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Guess you've never had to drop a 'sapling' that's leanng the opposite way from the only safe place to drop it then? The only kind of site this winch is likely to see is a building site. Usually after they've started building the houses (why nobody thinks about applying for planning permission to fell the trees, at the same time they apply to build the houses is beyond me!).

We also do kindling. Got a nice homebuilt kindling wood processor, that works far quicker than any of the commercial offerings, and cost a fraction of the price ;-)
moray
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 17:11:36 +0100, "moray"

I've got a TwinDisc industrial clutch here off a Lister diesel, waiting to go in the scrap. No idea of its capabilities, but you can take it away if it's likely to be any use.
Tim