FS - Myford Mini Kop hydraulic copy lathe.

Just bought this off e-bay, visited and paid for and measured today, sadly it is slightly (3 inches) too big for the space I have, so it is
up for grabs for cost.
Details and pix (warning, slow server or home connection so please be patient if busy) and everything else you need to know is at http://surfbaud.dyndns.org/Myford /
cheers

Scrap!

true, the motor and drive belt is worth 150, the gearbox is worth 150, the hydraulic system is worth 150, or the whole thing is worth 150 to someone who digs old gear.
one man's scrap is another man's gold
On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 13:49:18 -0700 (PDT), Guy Fawkes

So why were you the only bid at 112 ?
The motor isn't even worth shipping at any cost. -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

that doesn;t follow, on the contrary, the best bargains have always been after being the only bidder.

not to you, or thousands of others, but there are always those who like older machinery built to different ways, not everyone requires a commercially viable production machine or a cheapo chinese clone.
It wouldn't actually bother me to sit on it for ten years, the first time I wanted something such as the gearbox or some of the hydraulics or that motor you're so busy maligning (make a nice induction gen head) I'd get the investment back.
frankly I'd rather see it go to someone who has the space to put it to use, 150 quid buys a telly licence for god's sake, or a truck engine block for a mooring weight.

or a mini kop
for a mooring weight.
Guy Fawkes wrote:

You still paying for television licences over there?
I have a radio recieving station licence, that I found tucked into the dust jacket of a 78 rpm record. It was from a while back.
Cheers Trevor Jones

Its what pays for the BBC.
I'd far rather pay that than be annoyed by adverts every 15 minutes.
Mark Rand RTFM
Mark Rand wrote:

Ahhhh! So there is a payoff! That an annual fee, or a one time per unit bill?
I don't know if the stuff I see from the BBC is just the pickings off the top, but the BBC stuff I have seen is of quite high quality!
The Canadian public broadcaster, the CBC, is trying to run on an even footing with the rest of the channels, except without as many options for their programming, without a lot of competetive succes, that I can tell.
The US Public Television networks make up for their decent programming by a near constant pleading for donations.
I don't watch much TV these days.
Cheers Trevor Jones

You will no doubt be pleased to know that I have just returned from walsall, having dropped off this "scrap" lathe to the new owners, who are exporting it to Pakistan, along with all the other machine tools in the container.
I made a tidy profit, but more to the point, a perfectly good machine now has another 20 years of working life in it.
The only "scrap" here is our heritage.
On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 08:42:06 -0700 (PDT), Guy Fawkes

Did you notice there was someone after one some time ago :- <http://wantitnow.ebay.co.uk/Myford-Mini-Kop-Lathe-Minikop-Mini-Kop_W0QQadidZ370023009096

TBH I never even noticed want it now.... thx anywy
Guy Fawkes Wrote:

May I respectfully suggest that you take a trip to that Mini- crap and make it smaller with a hammer then run it in to the scrap yard, you will then know what it weighs. The motor is three phase and is full of copper------- the Chinese love it. Dick
--
rjellis