Highbury sold

According to a colleague of mine who takes the Telegraph it is reported in there that Highbury business has been sold.

Its now a wait and see exercise to find out what is to become of ME and MEW.

Reply to
Alan Marshall

As I understand it, the mags have been bought as a going concern. Will be interesting to see:

- Whether existing subs will be honoured

- Whether outstanding payments to contributors will be honoured.

On these latter points, I plan to have an interesting conversation with the management tomorrow if I can get through...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

This is the press release Sounds promising.

**************************** Highbury House division rescued by turnaround fund Internal Press Release, 25 January 2006

The special interest magazine business of collapsed publishing group Highbury House Communications plc has been rescued by Endless LLP, the buyout and turnaround fund focused on UK businesses with strong development potential. In addition to the purchase price, Endless is also providing working capital for future expansion.

Endless paid a seven-figure sum for the business ? which is renamed Encanta Media Ltd and publishes several of the UK?s oldest hobby titles

Reply to
Charles Ping