How do I - Making T Nuts

Having made all my own T-nuts so far, I now need to make a couple which a
bit more tricky.
The T-Nuts are small and will take a maximum 4mm stud to give an idea of
size. The tricky part is that they are to fit a curved slot of radius
3inches (The slot is a continuous circle).
I have a couple of ways to do this, but what's the best way?
I'd thought about making them "straight" and filing to size, but the inner
radius gets tricky to make a smart job and the other way was to make a
fixture for the mill so that I could sweep the work piece past the cutter at
the right radius, but not too sure about cutter forces and impact on
finish.
Any views?
TIA
Steve
Reply to
Steve
I think I'm missing something here as it looks too simple. What about turning a ring on the lathe 'T' shaped section 6" dia and cutting into segments?
-- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
John Stevenson
Turn a ring in the lath of the rite section and cut it up ?
Jonathan
Barnes's theorem; for every foolproof device there is a fool greater than the proof.
To reply remove AT
Reply to
Jonathan Barnes
I'll own up to not having thought of it! However, I forgot to mention these T-nuts hold down the top slide on the lathe (3-1/2") but I don't have a face plate I could fix it to.
Steve
Reply to
Steve
Sounds like a good excuse to get that rotary table you always promised yourself then.
Regards
Kevin
Reply to
Kevin Steele
Weld or bolt a spigot to a piece of plate, hold in the chuck, skim the face and you now have a faceplate.
Where about's in the country are you? -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
John Stevenson
Near Blackpool.
I think first step is to rough one out then I can get the lathe usuable, then make a couple of deceny ones as first task.
Steve
Reply to
Steve