Identifying 24 DP lathe change gears

I recently acquired a nice set of 16 cast iron change gears which I guess are for a small lathe.

24 DP, 5/16 inch thick, 7/16 inch bore, location via a pair of 1/8 inch holes on an 11/16 inch pitch. Numbers of teeth 28, 32(x2), 34(x2), 38, 39, 40(x2), 44(x2), 46(x2), 48(x2), 65.

Does anyone have any idea what machine they might be for?

Mike

Reply to
mike.crossfield

A lathe missing 16 gears ?

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Sounds vaguely Raglan-ish, but the bore sounds too small.

Ours are at the factory so cannot check until then.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Got a book here, they are 16DP (plain lathe) and 14DP (gearbox lathe) so not that one.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Possibly the Flexispeed/Perris/Cowells/Simat family. A changewheel set was/is provided for the lathe and could be 26DP. I checked the Cowells web site but couldn't find details of the lathe gearing.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Thanks Jim

I checked the Cowells website mysef. The gear set for the 90 ME lathe has only 6 gears, and they are module not DP, so it ain't that one.

Mike

Reply to
mike.crossfield