Impressions of the Midlands Show.

A good exhibition, but not a great exhibition.

Most of the models were train-based, very few clocks, little in the way of tooling, quite a few Stirling engines, including one outside pumping water, a la Adam Hart-Davis.

Trains? The 10 1/4 inch gauge monsters are worth seeing!

Lots of traction engines and steam rollers chugging away outside.

Spoke to our friend Mr.Jeffrey and hovered around the stand for a bit, listening in. He didn't introduce himself so I didn't reciprocate, but if he's the short-arse who might do well to use Grecian 2000, then we've definitely met!

Following on from previous discussions, the Division Master is about as complicated as a pocket calculator selling for £20, with the exception of the stepper driver stages, so add another £30 for these. A 100% mark-up would give a selling price of £100, considering there's no advertising costs (done in this NG) and no development costs (a private hobby interest for which a company was only later floated.)

PS. Almost forgot 'cos of no interest to me - there was a huge range of model boats.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

I've tried to keep an open mind and treat your post with some tolerance. Seeing the heading I open your message and started toread with interest in opinions about the show.

WTF do you have to jump on your hobby horse again. We know you believe that Tony's pricing is high and that you are agin his mentioning his products in the NG. I'm not passing an opinion on this but your said your piece.

However, there is no excuse what soever to may personal comments about stature or hair colur. There is absolutely nothing that people can do about their appearance and making the snide comments that you have just indicate what a shit you must be.

As far as I'm concerned, your posting requires a withdrawal and an apology to Tony

Reply to
Bob Minchin

John, is this where you eat his liver with a little Chianti? If so, I want the video rights, OK?

Reply to
Duncan Munro

As I said, he didn't have the courtesy to introduce himself when he started to speak to me, and so the only means of verifying that he was Mr.Jeffrey was to describe him. "Short-Arse" is a term in common usage now and is not offensive, although if Mr.Jeffrey took offence at it, then I apologise to him.

"What a shit you must be"?

Perhaps your outburst is indicative of a problem in your personality, rather than mine?

_STUPID_ Boy.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

(Cap in hand)

That's very, very generous of you, kind sir.

I am truly grateful that you would condescend to my level and speak to me.

Thank-you. Oh, thank-you so much!

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

If you have a valid complaint, then it does not do much for you to indulge in rather childish forms of self-expression such as you use below.....

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Let us ask another question.... If Mr.Jeffrey wished to sell his gear via this NG, why did he alienate his prospective customers by jumping on his own bandwagon of emitting gratuitous insults in company with Mr.Stevenson, et al, at the time when Mr.Stevenson, through his own fault, made an astounding faux pas about controlling stepper motors with PC's?

Perhaps he is reaping what he has sown?

If he would consider apologising for his gratuitous remarks at that time.....

On the topic of infantile outbursts I note from the headers that Mr.Stevenson has contributed to this thread. Would it be a fair bet that once again he has indulged himself with childish forms of expression?

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Mr.Jeffrey is/was at the exhibition as a trader, and, therefore, an account of a conversation with him, and a description of the goods being sold there, is fair comment in a thread on the exhibition.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Mu assessment of M.Stevenson would be appear to be correct.

There would appear to be little to choose between Messrs Munro and Stevenson.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean