Inserts again - Threading

Hi

Just wondering what inserts + holders people use for threading on boxford/viceroy size lathes? I do about 99.9% of thread cutting with a talistock die holder as I only tend to use M3 - M12 threads but I know if you need a longer or thread you don`t have a die for you need to cut using a suitable tool.

Thanks for reading

Paul

Reply to
Paul M

Any standard laydown threading tool will work.

If you really want to make it easy for longer threads look out for a

1/2" coventry diehead on ebay, the chasers are more expensive than dies, but they produce a much better thread. A suitable holder for your toolpost would be an easy project.

Wayne....

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

Hi Wayne

Thanks for the reply - the die head sounds like a good idea and the holder would make a nice little project. I may well keep an eye on Ebay.

Cheers

Paul

Reply to
Paul M