L 00 Spindle parts

On the basis that I would like to use the selection of chucks that I have for my lathe on my dividing head I need to make a dummy L00 spindle mount. The taper part is a simple but the locking collar is a bit of a pain due to size & shape (I don't keep 4.5 round mild steel on the shelf!) Does anyone know of a scrapped lathe with an L00 spindle that could sacrifice the parts?

Regards

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

I reckon about an inch more than the usual backplate mount - and I can live with that.

Regards

Charles

Charles Ping

That's going result in quite an overhanging chuck..

Tom

Reply to
Tom