Lathe, How fast can I go?

Hi, I have been offered an old (1930 ish) Colchester Master with a top
speed of 550 rpm or so, How fast can I make this thing go(by way of
faster motor & pully's etc)without blowing the shed up.
Idealy I want 1500 RPM.
Does anybody have any info on this type of lathe OR Does anybody in
the U.K have a 36" between centres lathe with 1500 RPM Screwcutting
gearbox and a clutch that they want to sell?? If so please drop me a
line with your phone number and I will give you a ring
Thanks, James
ps I wrote another post (wanted Harrison L5/L5A/11") Thanks to all
that replied
could not get the post to work!
Reply to
piping-hot
You could ask in the Yahoo group for Colchester lathes:
Charles
Reply to
Charles Ping