Lathes and DC motors?

Hi,
Just out of curiosity, can you buy lathes with DC motors in them?
Thanks
Michael
Reply to
Michael
Many of the small import lathes have. Look for ones that advertise variable speed -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
John Stevenson
I have a Wabeco D3000E with variable speed. I'm pretty sure it's a DC motor. It also has a separate variable speed motor for carriage feed.
John Stevens> >
Reply to
lens