Liberty Ship engine room pic's

We had a decent break last week/end and had a happy few hours wandering around a well-known Liberty Ship in an equally well-know West Coast bay area...

Out of a total 400+ pictures, 45+ are of the engine room of the ship, and I will be putting them on the web pages over the next few days. It was a great experience looking at the 3-cylinder engine, with four floor levels around it, and apparently used for the engine room shots in the film "Titanic".

Plus a load more pic's from Castle AFB, an engine swap meet where I picked up no engines but a very nice valve (tube) tester, the Lick Observatory and a return to Hiller Aviation Museum for more shots of the R-4360.

I'll drop the url's for the pages on here when they start becoming available, I hope everyone enjoys them as much as I enjoyed taking them.

Peter

Peter A Forbes