Long storage boxes

Is there a plastic storage box available longer than 750mm inside length?

I can get a 22L Really Usfull Box that is 750mm long inside. But, does anyone use plastic boxes that are over this length for storing your bar or tube, whatever? Thanks.

Reply to
Richard

Use suitable lengths of plastic drain pipe?

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Good idea.

But, I want the storage box, thingy, to be openaable along it's length.

Perhaps there is square plastic pipe and I could make a box out of that. Take one side out and put ends on.

Reply to
Richard

I use electrical trunking. It comes in various sizes but you might have to go to a proper electrical supplier to get the larger ones. Cut to length and then glue blocks to seal the ends. You can then use the cover or not as you choose.

Regards Roger Woollett

Reply to
Roger Woollett

That's what I use - the square stuff for downpipes, it's black and about

3" square. Comes in 8' lengths which I chop into 4x2' pieces, keep on metal shelving. I have never found the absence of top access a problem, I simply pull the thing off the shelf and tip it forward to get any shorter pieces to the front. Probably not ideal for large numbers of small offcuts though.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

Or guttering. Mount several lengths on the wall?

- Brian

Reply to
Brian Drummond

I have some ex army rifle boxes that are surplus to my needs if you want some. Actually used these for storing my short bar lengths amongst other things when I moved a few years back. (Actually I haven't upacked all of them yet :(

£5 each collected from TN33 - I may have up to a dozen or so.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Anybody else less than impressed with Really Useful Box products? I had spent the extra money over cheap ones from the market, but a number of them have simply shattered at times :( Gaffer tape only partially works to fix them, usual problem seems to be pulling one out from the middle of a stack leaves the handle in my hand. But even sliding the whole stack out and just lifting off gives the same problem.

Reply to
Lester Caine

Hi. Might be a good idea. A very good idea. I can use Parcel2go.com I'm sure they would come by your place and pick up from your place.

If you can post outside dimesions and weight, I can figure out postage and whatever, and consider whether to take your offer. Sounds a good one if postage is reasonable.

Rich

Reply to
Richard

Richard,

I'll run a tape over them when I'm next in the barn. If you

want a few it might be best to put them on a pallet and use

one of the pallet shifting companies. It's arround £50 for a

pallet plus VAT and some of them do half pallet shifts

proportionally less. I have heaps of pallets so that's no

problem

If I don't get back to you tomorrow nag me or I'll forget!

Regardcs,

Andrew Mawson

ps thanks for your email but I can't reply as it's a spoof 'reply to' address !

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I find that if you are not careful in handling, the lid suddenly comes off and the box flies out of one's hand. Done that a few times.

Reply to
Richard