Looking for help with a Kerry 11" AG mark 3 Lathe

I've purchased a mk 3 kerry lathe recently that was missing some parts of its geartrain. specifically the tumbler reverse lever, the gears attached to it and the reverse gear pair. If there are any owners out there that can provide the tooth counts of the tumbler gears the reverse pair i would be in your debt.

i have scans of a owners manual and a mid 50's sales brochure that came with the lathe if anyone is in need of this info.

tx

Nathan

Reply to
nathan.griff

I have a later Kerry that dispensed with the tumbler reverse. John Lloyd has one in the far west of Wales but I haven't heard from him lately.

Hopefully he'll read this sometime.

Charles

Visit

The free pages to buy and sell workshop equipment

Reply to
Charles Ping

I've just counted: there are 25 teeth on the mandrel, then 30 on each tumbler gear, then 25 again on the bottom gear on the lever - and mine all rattle like hell! I suppose since the 30 pair are just idlers, any pair that would mesh with the mandrel gear would suffice there, especially if you have to make the lever. The only critical one is the bottom 25 tooth gear, to restore the 1 to 1 drive?

jrlloyd

Thanks guys! that helps immensely. My thoughts based on the pictures in the sales manual, is that it appears they use the same gear on the spindle, reverse gear and gear entering the quick change.

which version of the AG do you have? my manual lists the spindle (mandrel) gear as a 24T gear. I'll have to make sure I check mine to see if i've got the right manual for this lathe. Could you provide the tooth count on the larger gear attached to the reverse 25T gear as well? the manual refers to this as the reverse gear pair and shows it on a common shaft under the tumbler.

any chance i could talk you into sending a few snapshots of what this whole things looks like?

tx Nathan

Reply to
ngriff