Magnetic Welding "Squares"

I bought a couple of Magnetic Welding Squares from Lidl recently. If anyone else did CHECK THEM. Mine are not square and also the side
plates do not match so they sit at a slight angle. It loks like half an hour on the mill is needed!
Richard
On Sun, 08 Jun 2014 16:33:26 +0100, Richard Edwards

Do you have a way to demagnetize your vise?
Pete Keillor

And the cutters and the spindle and the tool holder and...
DAMHIKT!
--

Mark Rand
RTFM

On 09/06/2014 17:39, Mark Rand wrote:

Hopefully the answer is YES. Some while ago I made a demagnetiser. It worked at the time IIRC maybe it will again!
Away to France for a couple of months tomorrow. I will let you know the results on my return.
ATB Richard with apologies to Mark for sending directly. Too much red Vino!
"Richard Edwards" wrote in message wrote:

The other issue with welding magnets is removing all the detritus from them that accumulates from grinding, chipping etc. I have a few sets of older style ones, and they are a pain to clean up. High pressure air line goes quite a way but they get an amazing amount of junk stuck on them. There is a turnoffable version out now but they are still quite pricey.
Andrew

De nada, I can almost see the bottom of this here bottle of Stone's Ginger whine :-)
--

Mark Rand
RTFM