Mark Rand - Updated Photos's?

Mark, I recently saw the thread and link to the progress photos of your workshop. It's an excellent photo history, are there any more photos after week 81?

kind regards,

Reply to
Nige.Danton

Sadly, there seem to be very few photos of the inside of the workshop. I got broken into (before there were locks on the door) and got all paranoid about showing the inside. I'll put that right. The project is nowhere near finished. There is the tendency to start using the shed as soon as it will keep the weather out, rather than finishing the work...

I'll try to get some more photos up this weekend. (week 135?)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

That'll be great. I'm really interested to see how it progressed, as I'm sure others are too. It's a cracking looking design. My previous workshop was converted from a single car garage. Unfortunately where I presently live there is no opportunity for a workshop but I hope that will change next year when I move.

Reply to
Nige.Danton

Week 135 is now up... No words yet, like the rest of the story. It's a view of the large end, followed by the small end, then a tour anticlockwise around the outside workshop followed by the middle and finally the pit.

It isn't an optical illusion, there are two ML7's in there. The one nearer the bottom of the page will be for sale once I've finished tidying up the electrics.

Be warned, the page is larger than most of the others. The pictures in the page link to the unadulterated 45 times bigger images.

Regards Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

URL??

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

What I want to know is how it's already nearly as crowded as the old workshop. The "workshopping" hobby collectors curse is still rampant I see:)

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Sorry Tony, forgot that bit :-(

It's worse than that Jim....

The Garage, that the workshop functionally replaces, has got more stuff in it now than at the start of the project and there is even a Hardinge DV59 out in the garden starting to go rusty.

Thinking of which, Anyone want a Hardinge DV59 for free? There is no motor and it is almost a basket case, but the stand might be of use to someone, they are rather well built.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Nice job! What's the concept behind the pit? Is it a storage area or will it serve as a marshalling area for cables and distribution board as well; the conduits suggest that cables will be pulled into the pit? I like the idea of a pit though, useful for storage and all sorts.

Reply to
Nige.Danton

The plan was to house the compressor, computers, rotary convertor (if built), some storage and ventilation plant down there. The original intention was for a pit 4'6 wide x 14' long x 5' deep. Unfortunately the water table and soil proved less than cooperative and the pit ended up only 3' deep. This is big enough for the equipment, but less than ideal.

If I had my time again, I'd buy a house at the top of a hill, not half way down it. I wasn't brave enough to make the pit completely sealed, so there is a pump operated from a float switch that serves to improve the drainage of all the neighbours' gardens.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Thats where he buries the health & safety inspectors

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree