ML7 Gib strip questions

Hello Everyone,

The ML7 rebuild is nearly complete - thanks to everyone for their help A local Model Engineer reamed the apron handwheel bushes for me and i is now as good as new.

One question - the saddle gib strip. It has only two indentations i it, even though there are four screws. Is this correct, and if so coul I confirm that the headstock end of the gib strip has an indentation then moving left to right, no indentation, then another indentation then finally at the tailstock end, no indentation?

The manual gives a procedure for adjustment, but there seems to be bit of an art to it - any helpful hints for adjustment?

Thanks,

Garth

-- DR_

this thread: