ideas for bridgeport clone gib strip

I have a clausing kondia mill ( bridgeport clone ) and need to make a replacement gib strip for the saddle gib strip is badly worn and no adjustment left it tapered suggested material i.e. bronze but what type and anybody know the angle of taper as measurement could be tricky any ideas would be helpful

Thanks Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

Many rebuilders braze a piece of cast iron onto the thick end of the taper, and re-machine the whole back to size. There is minimal stress on the braze when in-situ

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

part of the problem I got is the table locking handle has been used to reduce play and the gib strip has a hollow in the middle I did wonder about soldering a shim on the back and then machining the face if I left the shim to big around the outside I could use it to clamp to the table and trim after machining

Reply to
Andrew Bishop