Monster 110-220 Transformer

I've got one of Peter Forbes' monster trannys and it's surplus to requirements (plans have changed). If anyone wants an 11kva 110-220 transformer free of charge then speak up. I can deliver probably in and around London. It definitely not postable. It's bearly liftable!

It's currently helping to keep the floor down in Suffolk

Regards

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

How much for the floor when it's sold ?

.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

I'm still waiting for the one I've got promised, have a definite use for it, perhaps yours might get here sooner

Cheers Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

Sorry but the floor will be recycled and used to support other heavy items. I'm sure that I've got something else to help keep it in place.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Well it would have been so easy last Friday when I passed by your canal side. You can have this one but getting it to Warrington will be the problem.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

You should have posted your offer last week, then

Thanks Chares, I'd better check with Peter if there's still one in the pipeline for me.

Peter, are you there??

Cheers Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

Hi Charles, I sent you an email about 20 mins ago but I thought I would post as well, as I am free tomorrow and I could definitely give it some work to do. I have 100 amp supply in my workshop and 4 inches of reinforced concrete. Would it go in a Mondeo Boot though?

Regards George Bell. ( of Herbert lathe fame, - currently. )

Reply to
George

George

I've replied to your email but maybe Hotmail is running on tickover. You're second on the list of people wanting it so hold fire for day or so.(Anyway I'm in London for the rest of the week so tomorrow wouldn't suit)

It would fit in a Mondeo boot but getting it over the boot lip might make you squeak. Estates have significant benefits!

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

It's on the floor at the new place, waiting for a suitable journey up your way.

I could put it on an overnight carrier for you.....

The other one is for Arthur Griffin in Wrexham.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Yup, already posted a suitable reply :-))

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Depends how much ground clearance you prefer

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

They are probably close on 100kg each, enough to make even grown men grunt :-))

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Put in practical terms that's not much worse than having two fat blokes sitting on the back seat.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

More like one.......

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Nah, no rush, I was just hedging my bets when Charles made the offer

I could probably help it on its way or act a a staging post if that would make life easier.

Thanks

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

I am visiting Uxbridge on a fault Tuesday intend to leave Blackburn at around 06:00 to get a few miles before the traffic. I might offer to call in on Peter on the way back up. Two things would it go in the back of an Astra hatch and is there any helpers to lift and shift as my back is just in recovery stages from pulled muscles?

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Hodgson

My back's not too bad (yet!), if I know when you're coming I can arrange another pair of arms at this end.

Thanks

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

If time permits I will bring it back up with me and drop in to your place on the way back. If Peter does not respond tonight I will try to give him a call during the day. I have an old Punch engine and BBC micro for him somewhere!

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Hodgson

So fast cornering will be fun then ;-)

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

The tranny is at Rushden now, not Luton, Adrian, there won't be anyone there in the afternoon. We will be there this morning only, unloading the vans.

Many thanks for the thought.

Peter

Peter A Forbes