More Ebay optimists

Call me paranoid, but I have the feeling that this lathe has never been near a school as claimed by the seller :-|
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item &0424663446
Would it be fair to fink on the seller?
Mark Rand RTFM
Mark Rand wrote:

Having been in various schools that had machine shops for training purposes I got the impression that many of the machines were ex-industry and past their best when the school acquired them, fine for training of beginers. One particular place in the US would let you loose on the clapped out machines until you proved you could use them and only then were you allowed to use the good machines and some of those were very nice and kept in a different shop. The main place I went to in the UK had many worn machines for apprentices but did have some good kit as well for when you moved on.
So I look at "ex school" as being maybe little used but potentially abused by incompetents. That said some kit maybe genuine and little used but like you indicate that is not likely to be one of them.
On Jun 8, 8:06pm, David Billington

I suppose it boils down to what you think it is worth, my first thought is that the reserve is too high for the condition. Peter
On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 19:23:18 +0100, Mark Rand

School of hard knocks perhaps?
Regards, Tony
Mark Rand wrote:

I'd love to know how much he's going to lose offering free P&P by 1st class post!, and what sort of names the postman is gonna call him.
--
bigegg

Mark Rand Wrote: > Call me paranoid, but I have the feeling that this lathe has never been > near a

Hi Mark, This wonderful bit of kit may well be ex-school, but he does not say how many owners ago the school had it. My guess, in the order of half a dozen! Ned Ludd
--
ned ludd