motor brake lathe

the motor on my lathe has a 'bit' sticking out of the end that isn't the business end, i take it that it is a brake. their is wiring going to the contactors, but the original contactors are not wired in they have been rplaced with three modern ones and the wiring to the 'brake' is taped off. any one know how these are wired? i take it it comes on when you stop the spindle, thats as far as i go...

it's a 1955 cva, it's not the same as the machine in the manual that's available from lathes.co it doesn't have a clutch and has the flat belt drive and higher speeds.

I would like some more info on the scross slide screw john..

-- richard

Reply to
richard