Myford's website

--Hey does anyone know when Myford is going to get around to fixing their website? Seems to me any decent company would fix the kind of problem they have inside of a week at the most. Their site's been a lame duck for over a month now..

Reply to
steamer

About the same time Hell freezes over?

I guess you can draw your own conclusions from that ;-)

I suspect that they are only just starting to graduate from using mechanical calculators...any time now, they might enter the 20th Century...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

It look OK to me.

Archie

Reply to
Archie

Unless you are interested the prices of their products, which are missing from several pages.

Rang them yesterday asking about the price of a stand for my ML7 with a tray but no riser blocks, which I already have. The price they quoted for a stand plus tray was greater than that for the stand,complete with tray and blocks. When I queried this absurdity it was suggested that I should buy the stand with tray and blocks and flog my existing blocks on eBay! Robert

Reply to
Robert

I last week ordered a new leadscrew for my ML10 the guy in sales seeme

very helpful, took the serial No. of my lathe etc and said they had i in stock, I paid by credit card and it arrived promptly, I cut the en off to the marked position (as mine has the dog clutch) assembled i all, when I tried to fit the leadscrew handle mine was 5/16 BSF the ne one was 3/8 BSF. It wouldn't go through the mandrel so I could turn i down to 5/16. I phoned Myford to let them know they'd sent me the wron one, there answer was that I would have to purchase a new handle an locknut. As the guy had taken all my details re machine No. etc woul have thought it would be correct ????? Fortunately I have a friend wh was able to resize it. Wasn't very happy with Myford service here, thought they would hav supplied the handle and nut free as they told me it was the correc leadscrew

-- stereotyp

----------------------------------------------------------------------- stereotype's Profile:

this thread:

stereotype

In message , Robert wrote

If you have to ask the price you can't afford it.

This makes sense they have made and packaged the 3 items into a single package, to sell you a stand without blocks they have to pay someone to break open an existing package remove the blocks & re-pack the remainder. Then they are left with a surplus of blocks to carry on their inventory.

Reply to
Roger Smith

Why not bore the handle out to 3/8"?

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

No, it doesnt make sense. They list and price all of the items separately, in addition to the complete package so it is not a question of "breaking open an existing package". i.e.:

20/038 Stand with deep tray and blocks £443.73 20/285 Stand £383.95 20/024 Deep tray £56.27 20/025 Blocks £95.90

Robert

Reply to
Robert

Whatever happened to JIT and "pull" production ?

Reply to
Boo