Need help with motor identification.

Hello All,

I have found a motor with I want to use for bulding a model V boot. Problem is that I need parts for it and I don't have any information from it. Don't even know the cc's of it. The only thing I know is that it was made in 1968 in Canada. (see image IM005125.JPG)

Is someone recognising this motor ? Mayby by the tipical yelow color ? Does someone knows maybe a other newsgroup where I can post this message ?

You can find 17 photos of it on

Thanks for helping.

Reply to
Annelies COLMAN

Looks like the remains of a Canadien chainsaw, I think the make is extinct now..

Tom

Reply to
Tom

It's an odd one all right! It probably is from a small chain saw.

A company in Vancouver BC converts small chainsaw, and weed eater (strimmer) engines for model use. Look for Quadra Engines. These are converted from new engines, and are widely available in hobby shops throughout North America. Some shops in the UK may have them too.

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.

For your information : I'm sure it come from a chain saw, I found the chain saw (the motor only, as you see it in the pictures) on an metal recycling plant in belgium. I modified it already some parts (piece between carburator and cilinder, ... )

Thanks for replying.

Reply to
Annelies COLMAN