NEW ALBA No 1A Shaping machine

Gentlemen,

This morning I went and collected a NEW ALBA No 1A shaping machine which is totally complete bar a motor, I have a couple laying around so not a problem, my question is what size the motor pulley as the spec plate states a 960 rpm motor, my motors are higher but I can fit a smaller pulley but need to know the size of the original.

Thanks in advance,

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Martin, from memory the 6 pole motor pulley was about 4" diameter on the one I had.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Thanks John.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Any idications of how many strokes per minute the shaper should run at?

Should be not too tough to work backwards from there, to get in the ballpark.

Personally, I figure I'd try whichever small pulley I had on hand and see if it looked like a goer. After all, the speeds of cut in out hobby use are not an exact requirement.

FWIW, when I run my 7" Aamco/Delta, I always use the slowest speed, as it gives me time to stay caught up with the machine. If it's a long cut, the self act can take care of it, while I putter about the shop.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Reply to
campingstoveman

3 inch on the motor and 10 inch on the input shaft on mine, 960 rpm motor i think, though i cant get at the ratings plate tonight. measured on the overall outer dia, i guess the actual v will be a little bit smaller.

Dave

Reply to
david.sanderson

Thanks David, now I know what to buy or make.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman